Relationships are all about sharing: your life, your thoughts, your feelings, and your experiences. This kind of honest sharing builds intimacy and fosters trust, helping create a strong foundation for the relationship. When you’re just starting to get to know someone, it’s a great idea to ask important and fun relationship questions, so you can best determine if your relationship goals are compatible. If you’ve been together for a long time, it’s still a great idea to ask fun relationship questions every once in awhile to make sure you’re on track and feeling good about the state of the relationship. No matter how long you’ve been with someone, it’s a great idea to take time to ask each other fun relationship questions. Read on for some ideas:
- Describe the best date you’ve ever had.
- What’s your ideal vacation destination?
- Do you have kids?
- Do you want them? If so, how many?
- Are you happy with where you live?
- What’s your dream home? Where would it be? How would you live?
- Where do you see yourself in a year? Five? Ten?
- Are you a cat person or a dog person? Tell me about your favorite pet.
- What’s your favorite way to spend a lazy day?
- Where’s the most picaresque place you’ve ever had sex?
- What do you consider cheating?
- How to you feel about drugs/alcohol?
- How do you feel about pornography?
- Describe your first kiss.
- Tell me your 2-minute life-story.
- What’s a travel destination you’ve always wanted to visit but haven’t yet?
- Tell me about your relationship with your parents.
- What household chore do you most hate? Which one do you like?
- What are your vices?
- What are your religious/spiritual beliefs?
- Do you enjoy your career? In what direction do you want your worklife to go?
- What are your relationship dealbreakers?
- How often do you like to have sex?
- What are your pet peeves?
- Tell me about your relationship with your family.
- What are your thoughts on marriage?
- How competitive are you?
- Could you be with someone who doesn’t share your political beliefs?
- On a scale from vanilla to kinky, where do you think you are?
- What sexual things would you like to try but haven’t yet?
- What are your “Love Languages?” How do you feel love? How do you show it? (Refer to the book The 5 Love Languages for details. The love languages outlined in the book are: Quality Time, Gifts, Acts of Service, Words of Affirmation, and Touch)
New Relationship Questions
Fun relationship questions for a new relationship can be a way to check-in and learn more about each other's preferences.
- Are you content with your life?
- How would you like to change the way your life is moving?
- What are you most attracted to in me?
- What first attracted you to me?
- Are you happy with the frequency and variety of our sex life? What would you like to change?
- What kind of support would you like from me in achieving your career or home life goals?
- Where do you see our relationship in a year? Five?
- What upgrades would you like to make to our home life?
- What 3 things do you think we have in common? In what 3 ways are we most different?
- What’s a shared intention we could create to honor the relationship and refer to going forward.
- What’s your favorite thing we do together?
- What do you need for an effective apology? What’s your “fighting style?”
Long Term Fun Relationship Questions
In a long term relationship, asking fun relationship questions give you an opportunity to reconnect, remember why you love each, and support each other in your life goals.
- Do you feel supported by me in your personal and career goals? How could I improve?
- What’s been your favorite date with me?
- Do you feel like anything is missing from our life together?
- What’s your favorite memory of us together?
- Describe the moment when you fell in love.
- How do you feel about our sex life? Anything you’d like more of?
- Is there anything you want me to apologize for?
- Is there anything you’d like to be appreciated for?
- What ambitions do you have yet to achieve?
- How well do you feel like we stick to our shared relationship intention?
- If you could do it all over again, what would you change? What would you make sure didn’t change?
- What have you learned in our relationship that you would want to teach others
Download the Juicebox app for free to get advice from experts.Next read Learn to Talk Dirty and How to Fix a Sexless Relationship.